Saturday, May 28, 2016

Two bees or not two bees...(using no black)

Actually it's three bees, but the third is rather subtle in the lower section of the design.  This is my contribution to the current STAMPOTIQUE DESIGNER'S CHALLENGE hosted by team member Samantha Read, entitled 'Anything But Black' (SDC246). 

INGENIOUS!!

Oh My Goodness... I REALLY had to think hard about this when I was working on it. The first thing I ALWAYS do when picking up a stamp is to pick up a black ink pad, but to make something without your old reliables to hand. AAGGHHH... tricky!!

So... with this in mind I had a look round to see what stamping colours I still had that were working ok. Having not been in the crafting spirit over the last few years, my stock has depleted somewhat. Found a few pinks and a blue...and some Straw  and Gold acrylic, and my ever faithful Stampotique Bee stamp  This is what  result. 

I placed it in to the framed lid of a nice box I discovered hidden in my craft mound-  errr... sorry- craft ROOM!!






I enjoyed the softness that 'Anything But Black' gave.





And below, the same view almost but in a different light so it shows the glimmer of the gold actrylic





Look at that...not a drop of black in sight!!! heehee...it was really enjoyable. One of the most challenging challenges (if thats the right phrase) I've ever had to do. And I loved it. Thank you Sam!




I would have liked to have worked in to this a bit more...I may still do, but I'm at a stage again with creating where knowing when to stop is still escaping me. It'll come back soon, once I get back into the swing of things, but for now, I have to stop with this piece whilst the going is ok and I havent killed it. 
Perhaps needs words or numbers...or some sort of texture back ground...

Might experiment later.









11 comments:

Sam & Poppy said...

Gorgeous Jo, loving the softness.
Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique :) xx

Kathi said...

I think it's lovely as it is. I love the color palette you used and how the bees grow more subtly colored from top to bottom, yet still "pop" against the soft background you created for them.

Thank you for playing along with us at Stampotique Designers Challenges.

Evil Edna said...

really delicate.EE

Helen said...

It is beautiful, it is so hard to not use black at all...well done!

Willy said...

So soft and wonderful, Jo!

Gez Butterworth said...

Very creative Jo. Loving the colour palette and of course your cute fluffy bees ♥♥♥

Glad you could join us again, always great seeing your interpretations ♥

sue :) said...

It's a fab project, perfect for this weeks SDC. Love the colours. x

Dotty Jo said...

Stunning card! Perhaps we shouldn't always reach for the black ink for every single project, Jo x

Sue said...

Beautiful Jo, the gold is fabulous, so rich. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Stampotique, and have a fun weekend. Sue xx

Corrie Herriman said...

Such lovely soft colours and I love the touch of gold !
Thanks for joining us over at Stampotique ! Corrie x

*Arwen* said...

Love your bees <3 Awesome project
Thanks for joining us at Stampotique :)

xx Arwen