Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Flamingo Days in a Polka Dot Haze


Its time for a new challenge at Stampotique Designer's Challenge blog and the theme is POLKA DOTS!

I decided to use my FLAMINGO stamp to show how, when I designed it,  I envisaged she could be used as well as using it as a stand alone image, which will perhaps explain why its so large.

The woodblock mount of the Flamingo measures 3" x 5.5" !!(  and so therefore is perfect to carry a number of Stampotique characters on its back. :)   Ones that could perhaps look great having a ride are Moon Girl, Stella, Dance Party Break Up, Wicked Witch, Chessy, maybe even  Polka Dot Dog (perfect for this challenge but I dont have that stamp sadly) and RELAXIN..(which I used on this occasion. Pretty much anyone can sit on the Flamingo with a bit of clever scissor work :) 






I began by using sequin waste as a stencil and blended distress inks through it  to add the dots to the background, then piled on the watercolour, finishing with a few dots of white pen and black biro around the drawn frame.

This Polka Dot challenge lasts for two weeks...hope to see you there!! x





8 comments:

Helen said...

oh, love this!!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Love this me the colours in the background are gorgeous, perfect for,your focal imagery. Tracy x

Bonnie Irvine said...

Oh my word, I love how you have combined these fabulous images...delightful. Thanks for the inspiration. I now have so many ideas. Fabulous background for this gorgeous duo!

Anonymous said...

Oh Jo, I love ♥ this.. xxx

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Everyone should be able to sit on a flamingo at least once in their life! (I hope that isn't animal cruelty).
Love this, pairing them up seems the perfect marriage.
Wishes
Lynne

G Peplow said...

Simply fabulous, I love your colour combinations Jo :D x

Cocofolies said...

Wow!!! Loving this to bits!!!! :D
It's funny you know, because I've always loved your flamingo, but unfortunately I don't have it yet.. Still on my wishlist, at the very first place maybe. Even more now!
Thank you for this wonderful make to my eyes. :) Xx

Gez Butterworth said...

Brilliant Jo 💕✨