Okies...first of all I'd like to get the tags done and dusted.
I was tagged again for the 7 things you didnt know by three wonderful artists Ilka and Carol and Nicole Z. As I already did the normal 7 things, here are 7 art connected things (thanks to Kelly B for the idea)
1. Since becoming slightly obsessed in stamping etc, I set myself an arty goal at the beginning of each year.
2.Late teens/early 20's I studied Textiles / Fashion...then trained to teach 4-11's mainstream. I didn't opt to teach Art to special needs kids as I didnt think I could cope. (if only I had a crystal ball...life throws all sorts of suprises at you which I found out 8 years later).
3. I have a dislike for peeloffs at a jaunty angle and am on a mission to try and get peeloff users to try rub ons or stamps.
4. I create things easier when I've had little sleep and find it a great side step from reality.
5. I once won an international illustrators competition having not created for 10 years which I was really proud of...
6. All my friends are internet based and connected with stamping/arty endevours. All I need now is for those that live in the different time zone to adjust their sleeping habits :0)
7. Just four years down the line, Dawn Bibby and my lcs have a lot to answer for since receiving my first handmade card from a friend and discovering rubber stamps are not just used in post offices.....
and I was put forward for the Rockin' Girl Blogger award by three talented girls really into blogging their art, Sarah and Ticia and Dani..thankyou girls. I havent linked it back to the blogger that started all that as I imagine she's had enough hits by now lol.
OK....that done, heres my contribution for Daring Cardmakers. Seems I'm having a non stamping weekend and being a bit scissor happy instead.
The 'dare' this week is to create something with a pocket. I made a tall acetate card which holds a stitched pocket containing a Paperbag Studios collage image (the collage sheets can be purchased from Stamp Diva).
As always, please click on the image for a close up.