Sunday, January 12, 2014

SDC#130 Something New

This weeks challenge over at Stampotique SDC#130 is 'Something New'. We are asked to use something that either we've been given or bought for ourselves recently.

Hmmm bit tricky(would have been simple back in the day when all my spare cash went on craft items), but before I took my break from stamping I bought a couple of packs of Papermania pre cut squares of white and  kraft heavyweight paper/ card and a new white Uniball Signo pen (the best on the market in my opinion) .

I stamped :
OWL WITH WINGS (thats the big owl that comes with the set of wings you can add on if you wish)
all onto both the white AND kraft paper and cut out the images . I also drew round a cup into white paper and cut that out for a large moon. Then just played pushing round and swapping over kraft with white or white with kraft until I was happy with the balance of the composition. Where my huge scissors (mislaid my small pair along with my paper cutter) wouldnt get close enough into the more tricky shapes to cut around I used the white pen.





 The next image is a bit blurry, sorry.





I treated myself to a couple of cheap box frames when I was at the supermarket the other day, so popped my little owl wearing his 'hat that lets the rain in ' into one.

30 comments:

Kaz said...

Just gorgeous Jo. I love the white and Kraft together. Thanks for joining in with us again x

Unknown said...

Wow this is absolutely wizard and so different and brilliantly so from the style I have grown to love and used too.

Just using two colours is truly a difficult task - one that I struggle with - but you have achieved and wonderful work of art with such depth - and it looks almost like a wonderful wood carving.

I like the sound of your pen - I must try and search one out

massofhair said...

Adoring your ArT Jo, it is wonderful, love Kraft Card and the white Signo Pen is the best. Looks amazing in it's new home :) xxx

Jackie said...

Jo .... I just love this, the Kraft and white work so well together . Thank you for joining us at Stampotique !

Deborah said...

Brilliant! And it looks just right in the white box frame.

Amanda said...

What a fabulous combo of colours this looks great.
Love
Amanda x

Anonymous said...

Totally fab! Love how you've used minimal color for maximum effect!

Ginger said...

Love how you have used your owl sitting on Janet's mushrooms. It's nice to see you blogging again. x

Karen said...

Really lovely! It's amazing what can be created with just a few supplies, and a brilliant mind.

Kay Wallace said...

This is pure genius, Jo! Love the pairing of kraft and white! Beautifully framed...its definitely a work of art!

Dotty Jo said...

Totally fabulous - I love the kraft and white together! Jo x

Paula J Atkinson said...

Lovely idea & isn't he the cutest!!

Sarah Anderson said...

I love kraft paper but would never have thought of combining it with white paper like this - very, very clever! Brilliant design

Sue uk said...

great project and love the colours

Jools Robertson said...

Brilliant, love the colour and the stamps are now on my wish list :)

Sam & Poppy said...

How gorgeous Jo!! Love it xxx

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Very cute and so striking with the white and Kraft together - love it :)

Kathi said...

So fabulous.

I love the shadow box and the combination of white and Kraft!

Congratulations on being in the Top Three!

ionabunny said...

This is so cute and I love your colour combo. Congrats on being top 3

Kay Wallace said...

Congratulations on being a Design Team favorite at Stampotique this week, Jo!

Maria Sabina R. said...

Beautiful job Jo!!!

Tanja said...

Kraft and White. I love this combination. You have made an amazing Job! Thanks for playing around at Stampotique!

Nigel said...

Love the card, and the sentiment. Good to see you back in the fray :)

Gez Butterworth said...

Hi Jo, loving this! Clean & very classy.

Sorry I am late leaving a comment, I've been having computer problems. Thanks for your blog comment, life is very crazy at this end.

Speak soon, love & tons of hugs, Gez xxx

Cath Wilson said...

Love this, Jo - really effective contrast there! HOpe you're well. Cath x

Siobhan Brignull said...

wow you're break didnt lose any of your brill creativity, I absolutely love it xx Happy bday mwah

joanne wardle said...

Hey up Mate! how you doin'?
Just thought you'd like to see how I've been playing with your owl stamps!
http://madebyjoanne.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/clean-and-simple-fathers-day-card.html

Riet Harikini said...

Love your brown and white.

Unknown said...

Come back John I really miss you

Unknown said...

Missing your amazing talent and such original artwork.

Hope to see some more in 2015 perhaps?