Wednesday, October 19, 2016

BROOM AT THE READY!

It's that time of year already... no not quite Christmas, although the garden centre in the village is decked out with twinkly stuff and Santas already , but HALLOWEEN! Or Hallowe'en as it should be written (short for All Hallows Even).

Recently I was thrilled to be asked to contribute towards the latest on line magazine MIXED UP! If you've not seen or heard of the magazine before (its brand new)  head over here to find out more. I created two pieces...one of which was this three panelled piece (thank you to Katy Leitch for your relax on the 'reveal' rules with this particular contribution) which I can show you as part of the HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE week 2 on the STAMPOTIQUE DESIGNER'S CHALLENGE blog where the second stage of the Halloween theme is underway.

If ever a stamping company had a perfect niche for a particular time of year you are probably thinking Halloween is Stampotique's...but I've not gone with a traditional gothic style stamp image as you may have expected to see...I've dressed up one of the more recently released images (Flossie)designed by Kassa Hayselden with a collection of extras from my range at Stampotique.





As you can perhaps guess, this piece started out life as a tag...

then I placed the tag on to a card...adding leaves and fencing along the way,

then I placed that card on to another folded piece of card

and laced the entire lot together with some sheer ribbon!

Always seems to be the way with me, I like to see what was once a tag morph into something totally unexpected.



As always with STAMPOTIQUE CHALLENGES there is a prize draw up for grabs at the end of the month for all those who have taken part in the challenges leading up to it.. And you dont have to use Stampotique stamps in order to take part, but it would be fabulous to see them if you have any in your collection. They dont need to be Halloween themed as you can see by my design, just adapt what you have.

4 comments:

Helen said...

what a fabulous piece this is Jo! I am not surprised Kathy asked you to contribute.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Jo, I love ♥♥♥ it. xxx

Dotty Jo said...

Simply terrific! You are so clever, Jo x

Anonymous said...

This is spookily divine and the sheer ribbon brings to mind corset lacing.
Wishes
Lynne