Wednesday, October 26, 2011

What's Your Poison?

The theme set this week by DT Maria on Stampotique Designer's Challenge wasn't one that I found easy.

Poison Bottle.



Hmmm...by the time I'd finished this, I was wishing it was full so I could take a swig rofl...I really struggled.

I had grand ideas of melting wax, stamping on glass...all sorts of things. But when it came down to it none would work for me, it just wasn't my thing, so I ended up making a bottle collar for a beautiful bottle I bought a few years ago.
Bottle collars are quite a nice idea I think if you are giving a bottle as a present, whether it be wine, spirits or bath bubbles, (not poison obviously) lol.



I used Splatter Blob, P from Amy's 'Altered Alpha' alphabet and Crown, all from Stampotique.

The challenge instructions can be found on the Stampotique Designer's Challenge site along with some fab inspiration from the Stampotique team. It might be just your sort of challenge, have a go and be in with a chance of winning $30 gift certificate.

18 comments:

Helen said...

I think it looks fab, and what a lovely bottle you started with! Good to challenge yourself!!!

Maria Sabina R. said...

I love the bottle so much! Beautiful design!

Dotty Jo said...

Looks great to me! Jo x

PetraB said...

A great idea. The bottle looks fabulous.

Unknown said...

What a great bottle collar - and a perfect idea to personalise a 'bottle' of goodness for a Christmas or Birthday present. Makes it special

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Stunning! Sometimes keeping things simple is the way too go - and it certainly was with this project! Claire x

Vicki G said...

Ohhhh Jo! It is absolutely a VAMPIRE Bottle....... I'm almost sure of it...... Love your bottle sleeve! Pretty Elegant

Hugs

Vicki

Basement Stamper said...

That bottle is amazing, so elegant looking and the tag on it is perfect.

Anonymous said...

What a classy bottle Jo, love it!

Willy said...

Love your bottle collar, Jo!

Siobhan Brignull said...

that is a stunning bottle you got yourself there and Im loving the bottle collar . . xxxx

Jane Wetzel said...

what an incredible bottle! love what u did and I have NEVER seen anything here that wasnt awesome!!

Sue said...

What a fabulous idea Jo, I love the splatters and the foliage. The bottle you've used is stunning x

Valerie H. Marshall said...

I'm in LUST with this bottle!!! WOW!!!
xo

salamanda said...

Luscious bottle

salamanda said...

Luscious bottle

FerrellGraph-x said...

The bottle is stunning! After seeing your project I had to find a bottle too! I had no luck finding one quite as amazing as yours ;) I think your poison bottle turned out fantastic!
Kindest regards,
Jennifer

FerrellGraph-x said...

The bottle is stunning! After seeing your project I had to find a bottle too! I had no luck finding one quite as amazing as yours ;) I think your poison bottle turned out fantastic!
Kindest regards,
Jennifer