Sunday, May 01, 2011

Be Spontaneous!



......and Celebrate!

Over on the Art Journey Blog this month is the new challenge theme(#9) of Happy Birthday hosted for us by Willy Anderson..

This 'Celebrate...Be Spontaneous' card isn't, I agree, the most obvious of Birthday cards, but it reminded me of many-a-Christmas and Birthday celebration when you by a toddler a big pressie and they sit in the box it came in spending hours of fun just sitting in that and ignoring the gift lol!
This card shows one of the new release images which is from the Boys plate (but also in a larger size and facing the other way on an individual stamp) of a little denim clad lad having a fun time in not a box, but an old tin bath.

Here's a close up, but please ignore the tiny fleck of ink pad felt to the right of the little boys head that stuck and made a tiny dot on the inky background I made! (grrr...thats all I look at when I see this lol)





Other stamps used are Celebrate (from the Celebrate plate- although I wanted to use the Celebrate word from the Umbrella Girl Plate but couldn't find it in my stamp box!) and 'Be Spontaneous' (from the Umbrella Girl plate). The smaller butterflies are also from the Boys plate along with the main image as previously mentioned.



The stitching under the 'spontaneous' wording is just drawn with a fineliner pen as you can no doubt tell. The black 'bubble' border and postage/frank mark are rub ons .

All stamps by Art Journey.

If you take part in the challenge you will be in with a chance of winning a gift certificate from Art Journey when at the end of the month one lucky participant is drawn out of 'the hat'...well its a number generator but a hat sounds more exciting.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

gorgeous...lovin the colour combi.

Sue said...

This is beautiful Jo, bright and sunny and I love the dictionary background. Very brave of you to use rub-on's, I can never get 'em to actually er rub-on :o)I could well be winging myself over to the Art Journey store now x

flutterbycrafter said...

Such a beautiful card, love the image and the colours you've used. xx

Sija said...

Gorgeous as always Jo!

xxx Myra xxx said...

so lovely!!!!

Helen said...

What a beautiful card, Jo.

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Beautiful and lovely cards Jo. Love the image very much.
Gr. Marja

Willy said...

What a fabulous and adorable birthday card, Jo!

Carol Q said...

lovely mix of lots of different elements Jo, I keep finding different things to look at. gorgeous card.

Hillie said...

Lovely card. I love the background!

Godelieve said...

I would love to see you coloring your images one day :) Gorgeous work Jo!

fatmonica said...

It's just fabulous!I love the way it all comes together!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Great background love the pattern and color combi. The boy in bath is so amazing, love that motif!
The card is really fabulous.
Wish you a nice sunday,
hugs Anja

Karen said...

So lovely! And yes, that is so true about toddlers loving the box so much more than the present! My girls loved nothing more than playing in laundry baskets, and in the clean laundry for that matter. This card evokes such happy memories - thank you :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow what a stunner Jo, marvelous!

Lynne said...

this is a fabulous card Jo, love the image, colours, papers and the butterfly is fab. Love Lynne xx

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Wonderful card and I love the little boy.

Elaine said...

Fantastic card Jo, lovely combination of stamps. Love the big butterfly, in fact I love it all! Elaine

Anneke said...

Great background, a lot of pretty details! Wonderful card Jo!

Ellie Knol said...

Lovely card, I just love the background.
And that little spot: I wouldn't have seen it if you hadn't mentioned it. How about a little butterfly to hide it? or some other small insect?

Anonymous said...

LOVE this Jo. I'm hoping you'll be able to help me create backgrounds as gorgeous as this when I see you at Port Sunny......though it's going to take a lot longer than one day!! Love S xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a lovely card.