Saturday, March 12, 2011

All of a flutter...

Over on the Stampotique Designer's Challenge this week is a theme set by DT member, Kaz. Its a challenge theme where you have to show something featuring Animals Birds or Insects.

It just so happens I was right in the middle of a tag swap with my online friend She, so this is the card I made to accompany it. On it I used SMALL BUTTERFLY and PAPILLON SCRIPT.



The tag I made for She also happens to have an insect theme. It uses BIG BEE and DAISY DAISY.(I think it was Big Bee and not average sized Bee, but I dont have the tag anymore to do a quick check unfortunately. It looks like Big Bee)



The tag was originally a blank manilla cream tag but after lots of ink blending, masking and embossing it turned out like this.



The challenge has a $30 gift certificate sitting ready and waiting for one lucky drawn participant. Its the first challenge of the month so therefore ANY stamps are valid for the challenge , but if you own Stampotiques too it would be fab to see them alongside, aslong as an animal, bird or insect appears.
As its such a large value gift certificate, only one entry per artist for the draw please.

I hope you can join in :0)
All the above stamps can be obtained either directly from Stampotique Originals in the USA or Happy Daze here in the UK where Moira carries a wide selection of Stampotiques.

37 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card and tag Jo! Love the colours, the card so delicate and the tag so fresh

Gez Butterworth said...

Amazing card Jo..love the background :) Fab tag too..She will love these!

Have a great weekend. Gez.xx

Anonymous said...

loving the colouring and the embossing using the sequin waste - wonderful work.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo. Thank you so much for my Card and Tag, they are gorgeous and very treasured. I love them. The background is amazing. Hope we can swap again soon. Have a good weekend. S xxx

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, both are gorgeous Jo... lucky She!!! Jo x

Paper Paradise said...

Love the fantastic textures you have created in the lovely projects, amazing! Sue x

joanne wardle said...

fabulous, I love how you use Daisy daisy upside down.

Willy said...

Both are wonderful, Jo! Love the background of the tag.

Carol Q said...

scrumptious Jo. you do make the most beautiful backgrounds.

Hillie said...

So wonderful! I like them!

Saskia said...

Wonderful backgrounds! It's like you can almost see through them.

Joanne said...

Seriously gorgeous. The bee background is amazing.
x

Sid said...

These two creations are gorgeous Jo, love the dreamy look of the first and the colours of the second !

Karen said...

These are wonderful! Once again you have created such wonderful things, so full of texture and movement, just with ink, paper, and embossing powder. These really come to life.

Corine van Kuilenburg said...

Wow! So beautiful!

Unknown said...

Everyone seems to have used all superlatives that I wanted to use.

So I guess I'll just have to say ....... its...................
Supercalifragilisticexpealidocious
Even though the sound of it is something quite atrocious - but it kinda sums up how perfect your work is.

xx

Tasha said...

Jo both of these are fantastic, i really love the ink/paint effect on the tag, its beautiful
love tasha xx

Basement Stamper said...

Fabulous creations, love them both.

Art Journey said...

Wow Jo!!!!!!! Beautiful work!!

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Your designs today are inspiring.

Vicki G said...

My word, both projects are AMAZING luv!

Have a great day

Vicki

Martina said...

I find both of these pieces very powerful and moving. You combine elements in your collages so beautifully and uniquely. It's a pleasure to visit and to see what you've been creating.

Kate said...

Both so Beautiful, I love the Bee Stamp, so detailed :)

Jean Franks Beck said...

These are both gorgeous, Jo! I love your backgrounds - so much color and layering and depth. And yours is the best bee in the business! ;)

Glenda T. said...

That bee card is simply gorgeous Jo!!! Love the bee stamp and the colors are just yummy! It made me think that out of all my stamps (and I have alot!) I don't have a bee one yet!! I better fix that soon! haha

Paulien said...

Wowie ....this is really great, beautiful colours You used, Jo!

thekathrynwheel said...

Oooh loving these - especially the tag. The inky, embossed layers are fab :-) And of course, I love bee!

Karin said...

Stunning backgrounds and both are fabulous.

Sue McGettigan said...

Major love for this tag - absolutely gorgeous!!

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

What a gorgeous creations Jo. Beautiful also the colours.
Gr. Marja

hazel said...

Beautiful work! The backgrounds and colours are amazeing.
xxx Hazel.

Anonymous said...

Wowzers! These are truly beautiful! I love the way you play with color transitions!

Barb said...

I love your work.

Shannon said...

I am so in love with this tag, it's awesome !!! I love the embossing colors you used, the background colors and the way you used your flower stamp upside down like that, it's genius. This tag is stunning.

Amy said...

the color mix is wonderful..a sweet blend!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Two fantastic pieces, love the texture on the tag.

Valerie H. Marshall said...

Unreal! Beautiful effects!!