Saturday, January 01, 2011

And we're off...the first challenge of 2011!



PINCH PUNCH 1st OF THE MONTH...

New challenge theme, for the start of a New Year!

The new challenge theme over on the Art Journey Challenge blog todayintil the 28th of January is to use EMBOSSING POWDER on your artwork.

Here, the pink area is all heat embossed- yes I realise its not the most subtle of colours but I tidied away all my most used items off the dining table (well, there was the small matter of needing somewhere to eat Christmas dinner lol, ) and this pink was the only ep I could find at the time of making. I stopped the heat gun just at the point the ep 'turned' in order to get a textured orange peel effect.




All stamps used are by Art Journey.
Button from the 'Willy Hélene' plate
Twiggy buds from 'Nature'
Dragonfly from 'Gorgeous Kids'
Hope from Pages'

Please take a look at the Art Journey blog where you will see more heat embossed ideas. I hope you will be able to join in the challenge. Dust off those Christmas cobwebs and New Years celebration hangovers and hunt out your embossing powders. With a bit of luck you'll find a better colour than I did lol :0)or you'll find Art Journey are giving 15% off all EP's during this challenge.

By entering your artwork using embossing powder and MAINLY Art Journey stamps, you could also win yourself a TEN EURO GIFT CERTIFICATE!!!

As easy as that!!

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually like the EP colour...really into bold colours at the mo.Like the abstract/graphic look youve created on this piece.

Anonymous said...

Morning Jo. Happy New Year! Love your card............I'm just going to go and have a look at the Challenge now! S xx

Sandy said...

Wow what a wonderful card Jo.
Absolutely amazing and the colors rock. Love it.

I wish you and yours a happy and Healthy 2011. Hugs.

Susie Campbell (Sue Smith) said...

Well I love the ep colour!!!

Happy Creative New Year, Jo :)

Willy said...

Fabulous card, Jo. Love your not so subtle use of colours!

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Well you are starting off your New Year on the right foot for sure...I love this piece!! Modern, fresh and I too "dig" this hot pink:) Now all I have to do is get my "seat muscle" in gear and finally enter one of these Art Journey challenges this year!!!
Happy New Year!!

Dotty Jo said...

Happy New Year chick! Love the embossing, Jo x

Carmen said...

Bleurgh. Here I am all crusty eyed eating last nights buffet sandwiches for brekkie and you are bright eyed, bushy tailed and posting challenges already! You can go off people you know!

Let me just try and focus on the piccie...

'tis indeed gorgeous *said with grumpy admiration you understand* I love the use of the pink and am in awe that you managed to also emboss those delicate stalks. Would be good as a print and made into a postcard.

Anonymous said...

It's very striking Jo! Love it! x

Sija said...

Fabulous card Jo, great combination of colors and stamps! Happy New Year to you too!

Anonymous said...

Fab and funky! I love it!

Art Journey said...

Beautiful card Jo!!! Wishing you and yours a happy healthy and creative new year. Love Louise.

joanne wardle said...

I LOVE the pink EP.

kjjc said...

OMG i too LOVE the pink-absolutely gorgeous.

Karen said...

Great card! I wouldn't reach for that pink first, but it's great here, and really makes the greys and blacks pop. I love those serendipitous stamping events, directed by what's at hand, rather than by some larger design plan.

Gillian .... said...

Two of my favourite colours, this card gives off such a bold and dramatic feel, very uplifting. x

Carol Q said...

fab Jo. it appeals to my sci-fi mind - looks like an alien landscape.

Godelieve said...

Looks great Jo! I love the contrast and texture on your card!

Audrey said...

such a strong colour combo - actually is very hopeful.
xxx

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Very kewl indeed, luv the use of the pink ep, calls your attention directly to the piece! HNY!

Sid said...

Fab arty piece with lovely colour and elements Jo. Happy & Creative New year to you !!

2amscrapper said...

love the embossing and color combo! Helene

Silvia(Barnie) said...

How fantastic, love the images and the colour combination.

Rika said...

Really beaautiful!

Femmy said...

beautiful card!!

Sue said...

I love this, pink is obviously your colour lol x

Art Journey said...

Love the colors, great work!