Friday, February 26, 2010

Teetering Along...Thinkin'



Today there's a huuuuuuuge post over on Gingersnap Creations listing lots of Reasons To Stamp in March! Some are quite unusual themes :0)

This tag celebrates Awkward Moments Day, lol, yeah I realise you must be tired of going from blog to blog and seeing Awkward Moments Day card after Awkward Moments Day card (lol) but I love this character from The Stampsmith's Balancing Act plate teetering above the city I've placed him over (Lost Coast Designs?). I drew in the highwire myself (I know, 'is there no end to this woman's talent' I hear you cry 'that wobbly line is incredible' hahaha)..I didnt attend art college for nothing you know - my parents will be so pleased the years weren't wasted.




The second tag that I contributed was for 'Procrastination Week'. Here I trimmed the wings off Stampotique's Leopard Queen. What a difference a pair of wings and pointy ears make. Without them shes like a scruffy Posh Spice don't you think? And makes a great procrastinator :0)

19 comments:

Laura said...

I love the teetering man! the perspective is great with the buildings below! Fantastic stamp!

kjjc said...

o my goodness both of these are just fab. Love them. Almost tempted by the stampotique

Joanne said...

Your imagination has no bounds. So entertaining. x

Sandy said...

Oh wow these are fantastic.
Gorgeous pieces Jo. Fabulous work.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Dotty Jo said...

These are great!!!! And don't even get me started on that wobbly line - are you going to do a tutorial???? He, he! ;)Jo x

craftimamma said...

These really had me smiling this morning Jo! The teetering man is a great idea (exceptional drawing on your part, Lol) but 'Posh' is my favourite. That is exactly who she looks like.

Lesley Xx

Carol Quance said...

LOL - lovely humerous creations Jo. Doesn't she look different without her wings? The top one is defo a great balancing act! Great perspective with the background stamp.

Helen said...

Your artwork (I mean the whole lot, not just the highwire, lol) is wonderful.

Paula said...

These are both fabby but I do love that tightrope walker, very cleverly done!

lisa said...

These are fantastic Jo. They certainly made me smile on a very dismal day. Your teetering man is fab, I love the composition and your high wire is definitely brill!!!
Posh Spice is great too.
Have a lovely weekend.

Lisax

Paula said...

fab creations as always...love them both.

Julie said...

Fabulous card, Jo! Love the stamps you used--they're wonderful! You do draw one amazing line, let me tell you! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Piddawinkle said...

hope line drawing willbe covered in your book Jo, hehe
gr8 work as ever

Tinkertaylor said...

Love Posh and teetering man but I'm a sucker for a well drawn wobbly line. It gets me everytime!

cornishmist - thats me ju x said...

I love your THINKIN lol, I wonder what posh would think if she stopped by lol fantastic ju x

Lottie said...

What great tags - and such contrasting ones. The tightrope walker is such a character isn't he - love how you colour your images.

I adore the skinny 'thinking' tag - she really looks like she is and the striking colours are a brilliant contrast - I would never have thought that they would work so well - they do not detract from the 'girl' in the slightest, which is what I would have expected if I hadn't seen this. They do in fact, make the eye focus on her. I just love her expression - it could be me LOL (over 40 years ago of course when I had the same measurements as Twiggy, and looked and dressed just like her - and once was asked for my autograph as they thought I was her!) What a giggle that was

Shar said...

Tagilicious! Completely fun tags. And your hand-drawn tightrope is spectacular.

Karin said...

Fabulous balancing act Jo a real fun card.
Leopard Queen is just one of many stamps to be added to my collection, you've done a great tag with her.

joanne wardle said...

love these!!
you are going through a real witty phase with your work!! love it