Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Buttons...



Over on Gingersnap Creations today is the start of a new Spicey Supply Challenge which you may have guessed by my title is Buttons.The challenge goes-
Open up your drawers and see what kinds of buttons you can find - vintage bone or fabric buttons; clear acrylic or chipboard buttons; home made clay or altered buttons. Let your imaginations soar.


I used a selection of vintage fabric covered and new plastic coloured buttons to this card where I've used Paperbag Studios (a selection of stitches from Stitched and Tied and words from Laugh)stamps and a collage image from Paper Whimsey.




The sponsor this month at Gingersnap Creations is Paper Temptress who has also very kindly donated some fabulous blog candy which is up for grabs- for details please check out the Gingersnap post here, where you can also see the wondeful selection of artwork created by the girls on the design team.

15 comments:

Sandy said...

Wooooooooooooow this is delightful. Really lovely.

kjjc said...

gosh this is lovely

Anonymous said...

totally love it!

Caroline Moore said...

You're keeping busy Jo - thought for a moment you had the sewing machine out lol. Love this

Joanne said...

I think this is fab and such a good idea for a birthday card. xx

Hels Sheridan said...

Beautiful card hun x

Chris said...

Love the colours and image and the fabric flower - well there's nothing I don't like. lol Is that a piece of mica on the front?

Carol Q said...

ooh what a great challenge Jo. great general stitchy effect with the stamp and cut out look of the flower

Unknown said...

With inspiration like this, I really have no excuse - but to get out my button box and join in. Can't do so until Friday though - but this is so original - it's jumping off the page at me, shouting at me to get playing!

Faye said...

Beautiful button creation, Jo. I love how you used those stitches, too.

Tinkertaylor said...

Stunning ,wish I had time to join in this challenge as buttons are my favourite embellishment

Julie Ranae said...

FaBuLoUs!

prashant said...

thought for a moment you had the sewing machine out lol. Love this Work from home India

Anonymous said...

Striking and fabulous! So pretty!

Amy said...

those buttons are grand..your card is heavenly