Monday, April 27, 2009

Craft Stamper - June




Yesssssssssssssss!! *happy daaaaaaaaance, happy daaaaaance*

So pleased to see my Mixed Media article book appearing on the front cover as the main feature in this months (June) Craft Stamper. I really enjoyed making this. Its one of those items you make that you cant help keep turning the weighty collaged pages over just incase you think it might need this or that. A book that grew and grew over a few days.
I notice in the preview it describes it as being a mini book ...its probably about A5 in size with a few chunky pages.



Here are a few sneak peeks :0) really wish I was able to show it all but its against magazine policy, so if you get the opportunity to buy a copy, please do as it looks another great issue.





It turned out to be a book that had an underlying sadness to it but created in really bright happy colours.



I used lots of different materials ranging from textiles to photographs I'd taken.



***ALSO***

Art Journey- Stamping Contrast Article (SAME ISSUE!!)

I also took part in the Stamping Contrast Challenge for this issue which was using the Smile plate from Art Journey. Great fun as always. Having felt I'd used up all my 'wild colour allowance' for one month with the Mixed Media article, I went for the more calm and chilled out feel for the two pieces I made. Very simle. LOVED making these too. Very pleased with such a simple technique that came about by making a concerted effort for the work to be as simple as I could make it.




I couldnt have two collections of artwork more different from each other and thoroughly enjoyed making both.
I hope that if you get to see the magazine I hope you enjoy seeing them as much as I did making them.

(Art Journey also have a competition running for all those of you that have Art Journey stamps over on Louises blog)

Thanks for stopping by :0) xx

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jo....have to admit your piece really does make the cover a very eye catching edition - Is it Friday yet? (can you see a pattern emerging lol)

Sarah said...

Hi Jo..wow both pieces look amazing. Congratulations.
Hugs Sarah xx

Caroline Moore said...

Absolutely Delighted Jo - well deserved congratulations and I now cant wait until friday either. woohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

deb said...

Nice one Jo, both pieces look brilliant, can't wait to get my mits on a copy now.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I am doing a happy dance too ... I needed another one of your covers ... I am still besotted with the Art Journey butterfies project you did with loo rolls ... I am going to sit on the doormat and wait for my copy now :0))

Chris said...

Congratulations Jo. Well deserved.

Roll on Friday. :-)

Galina Varese said...

Cover girl and a cover girl glamour!
Trendier than Posh and Michelle Obama!

joanne wardle said...

Go Jo-o Go Jo-o. can't wait to get my copy

Vintage Papers said...

congratulations to you! gorgeous pieces indeed! is this a magazine that can be purchased in the States?

Karin said...

Congratulations on being a cover girl again Jo. Looking forward to receiving this copy.

penibear said...

Congrats, Jo!!! They both look AMAZING - can't wait to see the mag:).

Linda Manning Findley said...

Big time congrats Jo ... your awesome work should be on the cover all the time ..... Linda F

Art Journey said...

your making me so curious, haven't seen it yet!! Great Work!

Lynne K said...

Congratulations Jo. Cover looks fab. My copy is on order...

Audrey said...

both sneak previews look amazing, can't wait to get a copy Jo!

Carol Ann said...

Well done Jo it looks stunning I can't wait for my copy to drop through the letterbox!

Susie Jefferson said...

Yay, Jo! Congratulations! Another mag I have to buy so I can read your article for myself. This is just brilliant, so pleased for you!

Anonymous said...

They look amazing from the snippets you show. I'll have to check it out! The colors do look happy. Sorry to hear there is an element of sadness to it.

Paper Paradise said...

Fantastic, I LOVE mixed media too. It's great to have the freedom of mixing 'anything and everything' and creating a unique piece. Can't wait to see it in full.
Sue x

Joanne said...

Managed to get the May copy yesterday and am blown away by your article. Now can't wait for tomorrow for the next one. Well done, another brilliant piece. xx

Sonya said...

Wow!! Gorgeous!! Oh I so wish I could find that magazine here!! You are one talented lady, but I think I have said that before :-)

Katy - Editor said...

Two beautiful pieces of work Jo.

AngelaC said...

Well done Jo! I love all your contributions to this month's edition as always, and you have inspired me to have a go at that dry brushing acrylic paint onto card as a background!

Cath Wilson said...

Looks fab, Jo - must get a copy this time or I won't be able to see yours or Carol's articles. Well done, you!

Gillian .... said...

Lol @ Galina ... way to go Jo, main cover feature looks so enticing, can't wait to see it in all it's glory ... congrats again:)

Paula J Atkinson said...

The pictures in the mag really don't do this gorgeous book justice.
I totally love the Art Journey stamp projects you made. I really like that plate it is firmly on my wish list.

Glenda T. said...

Congrats Jo, you always knock my socks off!!!!

Kim Costello said...

Fantastic Mixed Media piece Jo, so inspiring and love the colours and textures, beautiful cards for the contrasts piece too! HuGs Kim :)

Dawn said...

Hi Jo
I love it when you appear in Craft Stamper - your projects are always so brilliant - I was scrutinising your book - it was so gorgeous..

DAwn